Waspaloy Aerospace Fasteners: An Introduction
Waspaloy, which is a registered trademark of United Technologies Corporation, is a nickel-based superalloy that consists of chromium, cobalt, age-hardening aluminum and titanium, among other metals.
It is supremely reliable and strong even at temperatures as high as 1600°F, making it the poster child of exotic materials. Therefore, Waspaloy is typically used in the hottest areas of an aircraft – those areas where inconel aerospace fasteners might fail.
Benefits of Waspaloy Aerospace Fasteners:
Unlike titanium bolts, Waspaloy aerospace fasteners are made from a patented exotic material, not a naturally occurring element.
- – High temperature limits – 1600°F for stationary parts and 1200°F for rotating applications
- – Low thermal conductivity
- – Resistant to thermal cycling
- – Superior stress rupture strength
Waspaloy Aerospace Fasteners are used for:
- – Areas exposed to extreme heat for extended period of time
- – Gas turbine blades, shafts, rings, seals and turbine disks
Procure Waspaloy Aerospace Fasteners from AMI
Aerospace Manufacturing is AS9100 and ISO:9001 accredited, QSLM approved and trusted by organizations like NASA, Sikorsky, the U.S. Navy, Lockheed Martin and DLA to deliver high strength, close tolerance aerospace fasteners.
We pride ourselves on superior quality, quick lead times, and our ability to accommodate both large and small orders, as well as custom runs.
Ready to get started? Search our inventory or launch your Custom Quote today!