MP35N Aerospace Fasteners: An Introduction
Want to learn about MP35N aerospace fasteners manufactured by AMI? You’re in the right place.
The drive for greater thrust output and fuel efficiency are never ending in aerospace, and that means greater stresses on the fasteners that hold everything together and the need for exotic materials with unique characteristics.
At Aerospace Manufacturing, we work with these superalloys to create high strength, close tolerance bolts that are trusted by industry leading organizations like Lockheed Martin, Sikorsky, the US Navy and others.
Characteristics of MP35N Aerospace Fasteners
MP35N aerospace fasteners are made of MP35N, which is a nonmagnetic, nickel-cobalt-chromium-molybdenum alloy that exhibits tensile strength (up to 300 ksi), superb ductility, and excellent corrosion resistance.
MP35N generally consists of 10 percent Molybdenum, 20 percent Chromium, 35 percent Cobalt, and 35 percent Nickel. Among corrosion resistant fastener materials, it has the highest fatigue strength.
More about MP35N:
- – Highly corrosion resistant to hydrogen sulphide, saltwater, and chloride solutions
- – Performs exceptionally well under extreme pressure
- – Resistant to stress corrosion cracking and crevice cracking
- – Tensile strength of 227-294 ksi at room temperature
- – Maximum operating temperature of 800°F; typically used between 700°F and 750°F
- – Can be cold and hot worked and formed by several different processes
- – Machinability slightly better than that of Waspaloy
MP35N Aerospace Fasteners are used for…
- – Structural components on the Space Shuttle
- – Tie rods
- – Airframes
- – Marine equipment
- – Submersibles
- – Petrochemical equipment
- – Leading edge strips
- – Any other application where high strength and good corrosion resistance are demanded
Procure MP35N Aerospace Fasteners from AMI
Aerospace Manufacturing is AS9100 and ISO:9001 accredited, QSLM approved and a Phillips Screw licensee. To find the exact bolt or bolts you need search our extensive inventory or send us a quote request for an item to be manufactured!