High Strength MP35N Aerospace Bolts
Want to learn about MP35N aerospace bolts manufactured by AMI? You’re in the right place.
The drive for greater thrust output and fuel efficiency are never ending in aerospace, and that means greater stresses on the fasteners that hold everything together and the need for exotic materials with unique characteristics.
At Aerospace Manufacturing, we work with these superalloys to create high strength, close tolerance bolts that are trusted by industry leading organizations like Lockheed Martin, Sikorsky, the US Navy and others.
Characteristics of MP35N Aerospace Bolts
MP35N aerospace bolts are made of MP35N, which is a nonmagnetic, nickel-cobalt-chromium-molybdenum alloy that exhibits tensile strength (up to 300 ksi), superb ductility, and excellent corrosion resistance.
MP35N generally consists of 10 percent Molybdenum, 20 percent Chromium, 35 percent Cobalt, and 35 percent Nickel. Among corrosion resistant fastener materials, it has the highest fatigue strength.
More about MP35N:
- – Highly corrosion resistant to hydrogen sulphide, saltwater, and chloride solutions
- – Performs exceptionally well under extreme pressure
- – Resistant to stress corrosion cracking and crevice cracking
- – Tensile strength of 227-294 ksi at room temperature
- – Maximum operating temperature of 800°F; typically used between 700°F and 750°F
- – Can be cold and hot worked and formed by several different processes
- – Machinability slightly better than that of Waspaloy
MP35N Aerospace Bolts are used for…
- – Structural components on the Space Shuttle
- – Tie rods
- – Airframes
- – Marine equipment
- – Submersibles
- – Petrochemical equipment
- – Leading edge strips
- – Any other application where high strength and good corrosion resistance are demanded
Procure MP35N Aerospace Bolts from AMI
Aerospace Manufacturing is AS9100 and ISO:9001 accredited, QSLM approved and trusted by organizations like NASA, Sikorsky, the U.S. Navy, Lockheed Martin and DLA to deliver high strength, close tolerance aerospace fasteners.
Ready to get started? Search our inventory or launch your Custom Quote today!