Interested in joining our world-class team?
Find out what positions are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate and Undergraduate Students
We also would like to encourage both undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in becoming part of an innovative team to contact Aerospace Manufacturing. Conveniently located 15 minutes from Midtown, Manhattan, we are committed to recruiting the best and the brightest from the millennial workforce!
Quality Control Manager
The ideal candidate for this position will manage day to day manufacturing quality issues, read and review specifications and tolerances, review all applicable testing and test requirements, assist in the manufacturing engineering of the parts, and be a strategic manager to the organization. Additionally, the candidate will execution key elements of the company QMS and partake in yearly AS9100D:2016 audits.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the quality system and staff
- Establishes the manufacturing Traveler/BOM
- Select, train, develop and motivate personnel
- Review both in-process and final inspection (as needed) to support production personnel and provide Quality leadership
- Issue guidance on all process concerns relative to production
- Interface with Operations staff on Quality matters
- Responsible for overseeing in-house laboratory, including NDT
- Holds and maintains process certifications (NDT Level III)
- Support preventive and corrective action needs both internally and directly with customers
- Ensure production documentation requirements are followed and streamlined
- Deep knowledge base of inspection techniques, print reading, military and SAE specifications, etc.
- Provide quality guidance and leadership for approximately 35 employees
- Develop, maintain supplier relations as related to applicable coatings and testing
- Knowledge of “Safety First” culture
- Knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma programs
- Maintain an active effort to improve the quality system and integrity of the product
- AS9100D knowledge/training
- Supports the creation, review and release of QMS procedures to assure compliance to AS9100
- Presents the results of audits and the status of corrective actions to senior leadership; assigns corrective actions, clearly defining the requirement and discrepancy; meets with necessary personnel to ensure the findings are clear, actions are assigned and the parties understand the scope of their responsibility
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the operations staff, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Develops approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities
- This position involves access to ITAR controlled information and US citizenship or official permanent residency is required.
- Must pass annual eye exam
- 15 Years quality assurance
- 10 Years manufacturing
- Fastener quality – tolerance – production preferred
- 15+ years of work experience, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (forging, heat treatment, grinding, thread rolling, machining, etc.), procedures, and machinery
- Knowledge of Aerospace documentation and dimensioning and be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, parts lists, and specifications
- Excellent skills with typing, MS Office
- ERP knowledge, ERP implementation knowledge preferred
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering, or similarly relevant field required.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ prior experience establishing and maintaining a Quality Management System or quality assurance related management and direct supervisory experience in an aerospace manufacturing, modification or production environment.
- Inspection methods: comparator, calipers, micrometers, CMM, gages, etc.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances
- Military, SAE, (etc.) specs for manufacturing, outsourced processes
- Hardness testing and heat treatment knowledge
- ISO 17025 certification or knowledge preferred
Plant & Operations Manager (Wallington, NJ)
- Oversee two different manufacturing sites
- Materials Management
- Building Management
- Evaluate, Improve plant operations
- Develop, Maintain supplier relations
- Provide leadership for approximately 35 employees
- Machine Maintenance/Retrofit
- Special Process Oversight: Heat Treatment, Chemical Processes
- Laboratory Management/Oversight: Testing Machinery
- Oil/Drum Management Oil & NDT Waste Removal
- Safety Compliance: Training & Coordinating
- Operational Purchasing/Site Purchasing
- Shop Floor Tooling/Inventory Management
- Fire Extinguisher & Sprinkler Maintenance
- Production Supervision
- Compliance of all HR policies for production team
- Review and maintains shop floor engagement/productivity
- Knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma programs
- AS9100D knowledge/training preferred
- ERP Implementation and knowledge Preferred
- 5 Years manufacturing
- 5 Years operations management
- Fastener production preferred
- Chemical processing